I purchased a set of 4 new door rubbers from “The New Old Car Company” on eBay for $160. Being 41 years old the original door rubbers are a little worse for wear but overall they’re actually in pretty good condition – expect for a few spots like below:
They come with the plastic retention clips already pre-installed in the correct spots. Well, that’s the theory anyway…
Removing the old rubber is pretty straight forward, just pull it off. The rubber is brittle due to it’s age and most of the retention clips stayed in place. Removing the rubber from the window area required a little help from a flat-head screwdriver.
Getting the old clips out was a painful process due to the plastic being brittle. I tried the fork prongs to pry them out but ended up using pliers to pull them out.
Then I gave the area under the rubbers a good clean with metho and installed the new rubbers. The two front doors were relatively straight forward with all the clips being in the correct places.
However the rear doors were a little different, with 3 clips down the outside of the window where there should have been none. The first couple of clips after that were in the incorrect spot too. Easy enough to fix, just poke a small hole in the rubber and place the clips in the correct spot.
One of the finished rubbers below.
Well worth the money and the couple of hours it took to fit them.